Thursday, May 26, 2011

HOCKEY!!! (not for a 5 month old)

Great seats! Smack dab in the middle of die-hard fans!


The official Mudbug mascot and his "little" mudbug...you can't see him but he's right next to the larger one. :)



Luckily, Seth was in good spirits after the whole ordeal.





Seriously, how can you resist this face!!




Part of my Mother's Day gift was attending one of the playoff games for our local Bossier City hockey team, the Mudbugs. I haven't been to a hockey game in SEVERAL years. So we thought it would be a fun outing for the family. Dan had gone before with Abby, and they both really enjoyed it, so I said, "Sure, why not?" ....ugh, what was I thinking!!


Less than 5 minutes into the game poor Seth was crying. And I mean CRYING! It was ridiculously loud in there. One, Dan chose the seats smack dab in the middle so we were surrounded by die hard Mudbug fans. Two, I couldn't hear myself talk since the fans were yelling like crazy. And three, I know Seth was terrified of all the loud noises not only coming from the fans but the volume on the sound system was cranked up. :(


I told Dan I was leaving and gonna head up to the main concourse area. I needed some quietness for my sake and of course Seth's. With Seth in my baby carrier and an overloaded diaper bag I proceeded to make my way to the stairs. The die hard fans we were sitting next to did not like me asking them to please move since I was scurring myself to get out as soon as possible. Oh, I had many looks for sure! Please people!!


Finally we made up to the concourse and Seth did eventually settle down. I spent the entire game (less the last period..roughly 2 hours!) walking around the Century Tel with Seth. He was happy but I was tired! I was able to watch the game from the surrounding TV's but I was more interested in watching the Lakers/Mavs game. Twice Dan and Abby came out to see how I was doing.


I decided to head back to the van to feed Seth and rest my aching feet. It was a warm day too and Seth was starting to get cranky. I was relieved to get to the car and blast the a/c.


About 20 minutes later Dan and Abby showed up and we made our way home.


I was hoping for a better family outing than what happened. From now on Seth will be staying home if we go to another hockey game or any event that has loud noises until he is a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment